Friday, September 27, 2013

Family Day at Pardee-Morris House will close 2013 season

NEW HAVEN  -The New Haven Museum will hold  a Family Day at the Pardee-Morris House, located  from noon to 4 p.m.  Oct. 12 at 325 Lighthouse Road.
"There will be demonstrations of early crafts such as gilding, caning, woodworking, spinning, weaving and much more," according to a release. "Children will also be able to paint pumpkins, try out colonial games, create tin-punch decorations, make assorted colonial crafts, try their hand at period woodworking tools, and more."
The New Haven Free Public Library’s Readmobile will be there  to provide various service.

Tthe Lancraft Fife & Drum Corps also will perform.

Admission is free, but donations are welcome.

Refreshments from Chestnut Fine Foods will be available for purchase.

For more information, contact Michelle Cheng, Director of Education, at (203) 562-4183 ext. 11 or

Also in the release:
The Pardee-Morris House is one of the oldest surviving historic structures in Connecticut. Originally built by Amos Morris around 1750, the house was burned by the British during their raid on New Haven in 1779 and was rebuilt by the Morris family the following year. In 1915, William Pardee, a descendant of the Morris family, willed the property to the New Haven Colony Historical Society, today the New Haven Museum. The Pardee-Morris House is open seasonally for tours and programs.

The New Haven Museum, founded in 1862 as the New Haven Colony Historical Society, is located in downtown New Haven at 114 Whitney Avenue. The Museum is currently celebrating 150 years of collecting, preserving and interpreting the history and heritage of Greater New Haven. Through its collections, exhibitions, programs and outreach, the Museum brings 375 years of New Haven history to life.


No comments:

Read the Masterpiece Cakeshop ruling

Read the U.S. Supreme Court case: Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission . Masterpiece Cakeshop Court Decision by H...