The Connecticut Department of Transportation announces construction activities for the I-95 New Haven Harbor Crossing Corridor Improvement Program for the week of June 1-8.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
INTERSTATE ROAD IMPACTS
• A daytime right-hand lane closure on Interstate 95 northbound, between Exit 46 (Long Wharf Drive) and Exit 48 (I-91 northbound), is scheduled to occur Monday through Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. This is necessary to facilitate bridge construction. See map.
• Nighttime closure and detour of the Trumbull Street on-ramp to I-91 northbound and southbound and the State Street on-ramp to I-91 northbound is scheduled to occur Tuesday and Thursday between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. to facilitate reconstruction of the interchange. See map.
• Nighttime closure and detour of the Long Wharf Drive on-ramp to I-95 northbound is scheduled to occur Thursday between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. to facilitate reconstruction of the interchange. See map.
• Nighttime closure and detour of the I-95 southbound ramp to Route 34 westbound is scheduled to occur Friday between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m. for pavement repairs. See map.
• Nighttime lane closures may occur on I-95, I-91, Route 34 and the surrounding area week nights between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. for bridge construction and roadway repairs.
LOCAL ROAD IMPACTS
• Alternating one-way traffic on Water Street between Hamilton Street and Brewery Street, Monday through Wednesday and Friday between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. This work is in addition to the current lane reductions on Water Street and is necessary to facilitate roadway improvements. See map.
• Continuous closure of Waterfront Street between the Waterfront Street Connector and Alabama Street will continue June 1-8. Local business access will be maintained . Traffic will be detoured to Alabama Street, Stiles Street and the Waterfront Street Connector. The closure is necessary to facilitate the relocation of a fuel pipeline. See map.
POTENTIAL VIBRATION / NOISE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
• Daytime construction activities that may create vibrations and/or noise will occur throughout the interchange, Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. This work is necessary to facilitate construction of bridge foundations. Click here for locations.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
• Signs will be posted to help guide you.
• Local business access will be maintained during all detours and lane closures.
• Work will occur weather permitting and will be rescheduled as necessary.
For daily traffic updates, visit www.i95newhaven.com.
This work is part of the I-95 New Haven Harbor Crossing Corridor Improvement Program, which includes the new Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge, the new Route 34 flyover bridge and reconstruction of the I-95/I-91/Route 34 interchange.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform local residents of current and upcoming construction activities through announcements such as this, as well as the I-95 NHHC Corridor Improvement Program website (www.I95NewHaven.com) and the toll-free Program Hotline (1-866-277-9595). If you have any questions about the program, please call 203-752-1996 or send an email to info@I95NewHaven.com.