Jewish Community Center is site of 'Taste of Honey'
The program is open to people from all backgrounds and affiliations, and features speakers and discussions of topical issues.
Among the speakers are:
- Rabbi Yaakov Komisar speaking about Jewish views on gun control, especially in the wake of Newtown.
- Rachel Gur, former legislative director in the Knesset, discussing the impact of this week’s Israeli elections.
- Haviv Gur, who worked at the Jerusalem Post and Times of Israel, discussing issues involved in covering the Jewish community in the U.S. and Israel. ‰Rabbi Ari Weiss of Uri L’Tzedek, that created Tav HaYosher – ethical kashrut certification
- Sary Udashkin of Eshel, speaking on being Orthodox and LGBT.
- Miriam Benson, former lawyer for Women of the Wall, discussing its history and current legal issues.
- Jesse Freedman and Bronwen Mullen of the New York-based theater company Meta Phys-Ed, giving a workshop called “The Book of Ezekiel … and Zombies.”
A separate program for children and families will be held Sunday, 10-11:30 a.m.
Tickets are $22/$12 for students and seniors. Register online at www.jccnh.org. The program will take place in the Beckerman/Lender Building, 360 Amity Road.
For more information, call DeDe Jacobs-Komisar at 203-387-2522, ext. 300.
Editor's note: All information in this post was contributed.